A great way to demonstrate and model good character – Citizenship, Caring, Generosity and Gratitude – is to volunteer in our community. Check out these listings of community service opportunities for families, schools, businesses and civic groups.
- Volunteer Spokane (http://www.volunteerspokane.org/need/) – A centralized resource of volunteer opportunities provided by Spokane County United Way
- Spokane Cares (http://spokanecares.org/volunteer-now-spokane.php) – Volunteer opportunities covering a broad range including families and specifically for kids
- Volunteer Match ( www.volunteermatch.org) – Bringing good people and good causes together on this searchable website
- Project Hope (www.youthops.org) – Urban farming and other volunteer opportunities for youth and families
- Help Heal Veterans (www.healvets.org) – Volunteer opportunities include a pen pal program
- Spokane Gives (http://www.volunteerspokane.org/spokane-gives/) – a month of unprecedented giving in our region occurs every year in April
If you have Spokane Valley and/or West Plains volunteer opportunities you would like to have listed here, please contact us!