Below are three easy ideas to stimulate family conversation and activity to explore character concepts, aligned with your child’s school PACE character education program.
February – Honesty
Sincerity and reverence or love for the truth
- TALK – use this prompt to start a conversation with your family about this month’s character trait:
Why is it good to be honest? At what times do you appreciate people being honest with you?
- LEARN – explore this month’s character trait through these books available from the Spokane County Library District.
- DO – explore this month’s character trait through these engagement activities:
- Movie Night – while you eat your popcorn and enjoy your favorite flick ask yourself and others, watch for “honest” and “dishonest” behavior. Point out what you see while you watch and discuss them more in depth after the film.
- PACE families, use this great resource while your selecting your family flick…www.commonsensemedia.org. Common Sense Media rates movies, TV shows, books, and more so parents can feel good about the entertainment choices they make for their kids.
You may print the Character Moments for Families page here: