World Character Day 2020
Stay tuned for details to join us in a worldwide celebration of the importance of good character for people of all ages in 2020.
PACE will facilitate events, activities and resources to increase awareness and build commitment to recognize and promote good character throughout the year. Schools, families and partnering business organizations are encouraged to participate in this event #PACECharacterDay
Interested in sponsoring this inspiring event? Make an inquiry here
Get More Info
Questions about PACE World Character Day? Call (509) 892-4155 or fill out the inquiry form.
World Character Day Resources
Thank you for letting your character shine on through your participation in World Character Day! Check this page often as we add to the free resources listed below.
- PACE Video – use our event videos (2017, 2018) to enhance understanding, stimulate excitement and encourage participation.
- Ideas – creative ways for teachers, schools, families and businesses to engage in World Character Day. Check out a PDF (printable) list here!
- Visit Let It Ripple for highlights from past World Character Days for other ideas.
- Screen one of the Let It Ripple short films in your office, church, school or classroom – then brainstorm follow-up activities!
- Learn (and teach) about Character Strengths – check out this page for multiple links to videos, surveys, teaching materials and much more, all organized by audience for your specific needs.
- Volunteer – a great way to celebrate character and kick off a year of good character is to volunteer in our community. Check out the list here.
- Watch a Movie – Movies that inspire empathy:
- Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Incredibles
- The Sandlot
- The Indian in the Cupboard
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- If You Really Knew Me
- Bystander Revolution.
- Explore these websites:
Spokane County Library Suggests…
An ABC of Equality by Chana Ginelle Ewing
Feast of Peas by Kashmira Sheth
Hot, Hot Pancakes! by Kimura Yuichi
Little Taco Truck by Tanya Valentine
Two for Me,...
Spokane County Library Suggests …
Caring Reading List
A Map Into the World / Kao Kalia Yang
Our Class is a Family / Shannon Olsen
Share Some Kindness, Bring Some Light / Apryl Stott
Sticks and Stones / Patricia Polacco
The Buddy Bench / Patty Brozo
Tips & Tools
CREATE A CHARACTER MOMENT WITH YOUR FAMILY
TALK – use this prompt to start a conversation with your family about this month’s character trait, which is aligned with your child’s school PACE character education program.
What does responsibility mean to you?...Read More
CREATE A CHARACTER MOMENT WITH YOUR FAMILY DO AN ACTIVITY TOGETHER ABOUT THIS MONTH’S TRAIT, WHICH IS ALIGNED WITH YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL PACE CHARACTER EDUCATION PROGRAM.
DO – explore this month’s character trait through this engagement activity:
What does responsibility mean to you? ...Read More