World Character Day 2020
Stay tuned for details to join us in a worldwide celebration of the importance of good character for people of all ages in 2020.
PACE will facilitate events, activities and resources to increase awareness and build commitment to recognize and promote good character throughout the year. Schools, families and partnering business organizations are encouraged to participate in this event #PACECharacterDay
Interested in sponsoring this inspiring event? Make an inquiry here
Get More Info
Questions about PACE World Character Day? Call (509) 892-4155 or fill out the inquiry form.
World Character Day Resources
Thank you for letting your character shine on through your participation in World Character Day! Check this page often as we add to the free resources listed below.
- PACE Video – use our event videos (2017, 2018) to enhance understanding, stimulate excitement and encourage participation.
- Ideas – creative ways for teachers, schools, families and businesses to engage in World Character Day. Check out a PDF (printable) list here!
- Visit Let It Ripple for highlights from past World Character Days for other ideas.
- Screen one of the Let It Ripple short films in your office, church, school or classroom – then brainstorm follow-up activities!
- Learn (and teach) about Character Strengths – check out this page for multiple links to videos, surveys, teaching materials and much more, all organized by audience for your specific needs.
- Volunteer – a great way to celebrate character and kick off a year of good character is to volunteer in our community. Check out the list here.
- Watch a Movie – Movies that inspire empathy:
- Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Incredibles
- The Sandlot
- The Indian in the Cupboard
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- If You Really Knew Me
- Bystander Revolution.
- Explore these websites:
Be sure to check out the Spokane County Digital Library to check out books and have them delivered to your devices!
Tips & Tools
What is courage, anyway? It might be the one PACE trait easily be described in several different ways. It can be putting oneself at risk to help others. Or never backing down when one knows they are ‘fighting the good fight’....Read More
This is a scary time to be a child. While we recognize this statement could be used for many times, it feels especially true now. At the time of publication of this post, our world is facing a global pandemic and nearly everyone’s life is vastly different now than it was months ago....Read More