PACE is proud to be Bringing Character to Light
on World Character Day! Mark your calendars for September 26, 2018.
Supported by: Lithograph Reproductions, Spokane Valley Screen Printing and WCP Solutions.
Ready to participate? Click here to register and find out more information.
Or click here to receive email updates.
In 2017, we launched a year of good character on World Character Day! See below for information about WCD 2017 or see here for some highlights from the day.
Stay tuned for details to join us in a worldwide celebration of the importance of good character for people of all ages in 2018!
PACE World Character Day Details:
PACE will facilitate events, activities and resources to increase awareness and build commitment to recognize and promote good character throughout the year. Schools, families and partnering business organizations are encouraged to participate in this event. #PACECharacterDay
Questions about PACE World Character Day? Email or call (509) 892-4155.
- Posters – when you register to participate in World Character Day, you’ll receive a free poster (11×17) to display – as shown on this page. Posters now available.
- PACE Video – use our PACE World Character Day video to enhance understanding, stimulate excitement and encourage participation.
- Ideas – creative ways for teachers, schools, families and businesses to engage in World Character Day. Check out a PDF (printable) list here! Or here for the web page of ideas.
- Visit the Let It Ripple webpage for highlights from past World Character for other ideas.
- Screen one of the Let It Ripple short films in your office, church, school or classroom – then brainstorm follow-up activities! Science of Character (8 minutes); The Adaptable Mind (11 minutes); or The Making of a Mensch (10 minutes).
- Learn (and teach) about Character Strengths – check out this page for multiple links to videos, surveys, teaching materials and much more, all organized by audience for your specific needs.
- Volunteer – a great way to celebrate World Character Day and kick off a year of good character is to volunteer in our community. Check out the list here – and check often as this list will be updated.
- Book Lists – the Spokane County Library District is compiling a list of ‘good character’ books for schools and families, by grade level. Check out the list here!
- Activities – Check out this page for ideas to do with your family, business, church, or classroom.
- Watch a Video – Watch one or more of these videos. Share with your family, business, church, or classroom.
- Watch a Movie – Movies that inspire Empathy: Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown; Charlotte’s Web; E.T.; The Incredibles; The Sandlot; The Indian In The Cupboard, To Kill a Mockingbird, If You Really Knew Me, Bystander Revolution.
- Check out these websites – The Kindness School; Help Kids Do Good; Be the Spark – Ideas for Inspirational Actions.
- And much more to come….!
Thank you for letting your character Shine On through your participation in World Character Day! Check this page often as we add to the free resources listed above.