PACE Partners are a vital component to the success of the PACE initiative to promote the importance of good character. Three local organizations were honored this year with a 2014 PACE Partner “Best Practice” Award for their diligent work to support and promote good character across the Spokane Valley. Sharing examples of the numerous activities these organizations do to support PACE can give fellow PACE Partners ideas, including:
Dishman Dodge Ram Chrysler Jeep
- Uses reader board signage to display the character trait of the month
- Integrates promoting good character into organization’s core values, principals and standards
- Involves employees in PACE by introducing trait at staff meetings, asking employees to model the trait and acknowledging customers who also model the trait
- Contributes financially to PACE
- Serves actively on PACE Leadership Team and various committees
- Promotes PACE in their clinic through posters, employees wearing trait buttons and conversations with young patients, including trait bracelets
- Sponsors many contests in schools and through the Current and Splash newspapers where kids can display a trait and win prizes
- Interacts with PACE Facebook page by sharing and liking PACE posts with their audience
- Designates players to act as “Character Champions” who visit schools to speak with students about the importance of good character
- Donates items such as tickets and T-shirts to schools to reward good character
- Partners with PACE on promotional efforts to raise awareness about good character
Have Ideas? Need Ideas?
With more than 170 PACE Partners, there are many other creative and fun ways businesses and organizations are bringing character to light. Do you have an idea or would like to share what you do to promote good character? Let us know! Sharing best practices helps other PACE Partners to promote good character as well.
Need some ideas?
Visit our “Tools” section at www.pacecommunity.org to get some ideas on what you or your business or organization can do to raise awareness of the importance of good character. We also have Toolkits available to any Partner who would like additional resources.