Below are three easy ideas to stimulate family conversation and activity to explore character concepts, aligned with your child’s school PACE character education program.
June – Integrity
Living a set of values which included honesty, respect for others, and a sense of personal responsibility.
- TALK – use this prompt to start a conversation with your family about this month’s character trait:
Do you do the right thing when no one else is looking?
- LEARN – explore the summer character trait’s through these books available from the Spokane County Library District.
- DO – explore this month’s character trait through these engagement activities:
Use your dinner time conversation to discuss some scenarios your children may face and how they can respond to them with integrity. Constructing such scenarios will enable your child understand that they should do the correct thing even though it may not be the popular choice. Some possible questions for discussion are listed below:
• “What would you do if you say one of your friends stealing a candy bar at the store?”
• “What would you do if you found any answer sheet to an upcoming test?’
• “How would you respond if you witnessed bulling at school or online?”
You may print the Character Moments for Families page here: