The PACE Awards is an appreciation event to honor and celebrate students who demonstrate the importance of good character.
One student from each of the 49 schools (K-12) partnering with PACE in the Spokane Valley is selected to represent their school at the annual PACE Awards. It is a difficult decision for our schools to select just one student from so many who model good character every day. Selected students are recognized and celebrated for consistently demonstrating exceptional character, and students bringing character to light for themselves, their classmates, their schools and community.
The PACE initiative is grounded in character education. Thousands of students in our public and partnering private schools across the Spokane Valley focus on a shared set of monthly character traits. This initiative gives our schools the opportunity to teach, discuss and recognize each character trait and creates a common language for families and our community to reinforce the powerful messages of good character in daily life.
Collectively, these acts of character create a community that is caring, courageous and grateful to be surrounded by others who share the same commitment to demonstrate good character every day.
Examples of outstanding character are all around us…
- The responsible student who completes their homework on time.
- The group of volunteers who generously give up their Saturday to collect food donations.
- The young man who respectfully holds the door open for his grandmother.
- The diligence of the softball team working toward their goal of a state championship.
- The citizenship of the Valley business owner who contributes to his or her community as a PACE Partner.
The PACE Awards are generously supported by area business and organizations. We thank them for helping bring character to light.